As a mom of three small artists-in-the-making, I am always on the lookout for good craft ideas. I just discovered Dollar Store Crafts, a website that shows crafts you can make with, well, stuff from the dollar store, as well as loads of recycled and free projects from things you probably have around the house. They show how you can take something simple and/or cheap and turn it into something absolutely lovely. The categories make for interesting searching as well. Some of my favorites, which all can be made from recycled stuff and even trash:
- How to make beautiful Kanzashi flowers using leftover fabric scraps and a button.
- Fork curtain tiebacks.
- Make a Trashcycled Hermes Birkin Bag – I think the homemade one is so much better looking than the real one!
- Create a field of paper bag mushrooms (and then make friends to live underneath them).
- Make a bracelet out of an old cassette tape. I so totally want to make this!
- Create your own beads from plastic soda bottles. Colorful and fun!
- An adorable peg doll necklace from clothespins – we make fairies with ours, but these look fun too.
- And for the incredibly ambitious: The Alien Abduction Lamp!